But that didn't happen. I still see my parents every week, I don't even drink coffee, and I'm still single. That being said, I did grieve the loss of something. The loss of my 'age box'. No longer am I in the 19-24 box. I'm now 25-29, ugh.
I don't want to simply check off this new box and forget about everything that happened in the old one. I want to pack each box with the memories it provided.
So to ease the transition from age box, to age box, I made a list of the 24 things that happened to me while basking in the youthful glow of box 19-24:
- I turned 21 and went to Vegas (twice).
- I graduated university
- I started a company
- I stopped fake tanning
- I got a boyfriend for the first time (clearly that didn't work out)
- Chandler's still alive (I can look after living things)
- I moved out on my own
- I pay my own bills (except my phone, the family plan is cheaper)
- I travelled to England, Spain and France
- I went to Hawaii
- I road-tripped to Sasquatch (twice)
- I saw over 50 movies
- I didn't have any debt (now I do)
- I lost and gained over 100 pounds (tricky way of saying, I'm still a little bit fat)
- I experienced a death (I still miss you Marcie)
- I started my blog
- I went from flip phone to iPhone
- I read a book by JK Rowling that wasn't Harry Potter
- I discovered that I'm a Miranda
- I started taking selfies (apologies to the world)
- I cooked for the first time
- I dyed my hair blonde
- I travelled to New York City (3 times)
- I went to San Francisco
TAKE THE CHALLENGE: I challenge you to make a list of things you accomplished before you move from one age box to the next. Turning 45, list 45 things, Turning 19, I hate you... (kidding, but at least turn 25)
You only have a certain amount of time in each box, so make the most of it. Before you know it, you'll be taping that box shut and moving up! 25-29, please handle with care.