I feel as though our imaginations don't disappear with age, they transform. Instead of playing house with dolls, we are playing house with new matches. We don't even need a first date to begin building the life we'll share with our new Ken doll.
Our brain after meeting a someone new:9:00am: Dum Dum De Dum, Dum Dum De Dum... Wedding bells.
10:00am: We will be in a relationship after 2 months of dating. He's 'good on paper' and cute as hell.
11:00am: We get married. His parents don't live here so maybe we will have two ceremonies.
12:30pm: He will find out that I really don't want children...
1:00pm: My cold exterior will drive him into the arms of another woman. What an asshole.
2:00pm: We get divorced and I'm left exactly where I started except with a different title; divorcee. I've gone through the heartbreak in my head. The crush is over before the first date...
I may be an extreme case but we all do it. We tell ourselves not to 'over analyze' but the wedding bells are going off in our heads.
How can we stop this viscous cycle?
5 Questions & Tips after meeting someone for the first time:
1. Do you feel something you'd like to explore?TIP: Explore.
2. Do you have mismatched traits?TIP: Don't get bogged down in details. I try not to Google or Facebook guys so I don't end up overanalyzing. Focus on traits that spark your curiosity, at least for now.
3. Do you see a future with this guy?TIP: Be present. You can't have a future with someone without focusing on the 'present'.
4. Do you feel like you're playing games?TIP: We all love the thrill of the chase, but do what feels natural. If you don't act natural, your 'relationship' won't be either.
5. Do you really like him?TIP: Don't be scared to have your heart broken, and not just in your head.
This is to all of you hopeless romantics - Keep playing house, but don't let your imagination become your reality.
I love this Elizabeth! I'm totally guilty of this - but I'm getting much better at it after a lot of crashes and burns!ReplyDelete
Haha yes I definitely get out of hand when I first meet someone. Except in my head I break up with them before I even date them lol.Delete
Yup, I've SO done it!! In fact... I married the man!! I think it's wonderful to have an imagination and romantic heart!ReplyDelete
By The Shore, a life + style blog
Love that you did this AND got married!! Romance and imagination go hand-in-hand!Delete
- Elizabeth | www.theundomesticated.com
"Instead of playing house with dolls, we are playing house with new matches." never thought of it that way, but it's SO true!!!ReplyDelete
You're going to have a lot of fun ahead of you!! Maybe you'll even get a pink convertible like Barbie did when she married Ken!Delete
Elizabeth | The Undomesticated
I caught my husband cheating on me thankfully my friend gave me a reliable contact, of hacker contact him call and text +1 (612) 502 - 3647, he works with discretion and delivers, he does all sort of hacks, access to social networks, icloud, and many more. Viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messengers remotely, call phone GPs location tracking, spy on whats app messages i would prefer to let his service speak for itself also improve debt on credit cards his service are cheap you can contact him if you have similar issue and tell him i referred you to him.ReplyDelete